Who's the man

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Down Memory Lane: My Hyundai on the PCH

About two and half months ago was when I last "rolled my wheels" (I always wanted to use this expression) on PCH, i.e. the Pacific Coast Highway. What makes that highway so special is the pacific ocean on one side and the Santa Monica hills on the other. Each time (of those 100+ times that I did), as I drove through the valleys and onto the highway, I experienced the same thrill and happiness as I did the first. The clear blue sky, the crystal blue ocean, the sun, the hills, the multicolored houses and people, the dry cool breeze, the frolic, the show-off; it was shear paradise.

In a road with Beamers and Mercedes, my ride was way more humble. That's where I thank God and PCH. No matter what a person's background, socio-economic status, etc, the beauty that PCH had to offer was free and accessible to everyone. All you needed were a pair of eyes and ears, an open mind, and an absorbing heart.

My Hyundai took me places, here's an ode to you for showing me what the world has to offer. I miss you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home