Who's the man

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Da Vinci Code Before Christmas

Merry Christmas! It's been 2007 years since Jesus appeared on earth, give or take some weeks (I think). Couple days ago, I was reminded of the chime "On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...". Brought me in the festive mood too. Sort of girly I admit, but the jingle just appeared in my head, and I couldn't get it out for a while. A hard reflection and the corporate/Hollywood images of Christmas do come to recollection: the red stockings, the Christmas trees with the hanging ornaments and candy-canes, the presents underneath, the happy family reunion, the Santa Clauses and their 'one horse open sleighs', the snow, the joy. Images at my present residence are a far cry, so I allude to and thank Hollywood for showing me the true spirit of Christmas.

It's amazing how great an effect this miracle man has had on history especially in Middle East and Europe and of course, the New World. Just days ago I saw 'Da Vinci Code' with my folks (refreshed the amazement I felt when I read the novel an year back). Amazing, again, how a novel can blend with history and shake my entire foundation of fact and fiction. Was Mary Magdalene Jesus' wife? Was she pregnant with Jesus' child? Was she the chosen one to lead Jesus' followers in his absence? Does the Priory of Sion exist? What about the Knights of Templar? Did they protect the Holy Grail and the descendants of Christ for all these past 2000+ years? It's amazing. If it's true, it's the biggest cover-up I can think of. Somehow, the thing that appeals in Dan Brown's thesis is Harvard's Symbology Professor Robert Langdon's 'Sacred Femininity'. Religion, like life, should have balance, the Yin and the Yang. Was religion actually intended to be dry, where misogyny and penance were paramount? Or does religion embed faith, love, devotion and surrender of the absolute power that created us, gave us each breath, our daily bread, and will ultimately take us back at His/Her own will.

Hopefully, these are questions for more than a Friday-evening-over-a-couple-beers.

1 Comments:

  • Every miracle man has a miracle woman pushing him along. The suppression of the facts about Jesus and Mary Magdalene has harmed Christianity. His feminine complement was demeaned and relegated the status of someone possessed by evil, exorcised and transformed into a doding disciple. That's about as high as she was elevated from Gregory's discription of her as a harlot. The truth! Jesus and Mary Magdalene were divine complements who had a mutual destiny to point us to the path of love, unity and the mystery kingdom all around us. Hope you'll read my book,
    Divine Complement
    Have a "Mary" Christmas.
    Ariadne

    By Blogger Ariadne Green, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home