Who's the man

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mind Block

12 hours of spreadsheet clicking, dragging and dropping, interspersed with some keyboard short cuts squeezes the brain out of its juices. My brain is more or less fried noodles when I step out the door, breathe the fresh air and catch some real life sights and sounds. After that, I can't really do much but look for expensive ways to get rid of the money I just earned, or shut off entirely in front of the idiot box. If I've exercised upto 10% of my brain some time or the other, my rather mundane/routine deskjob doesn't even need a quarter of that.

There is a lot of information at our finger tips now, the issue is: how do you organize and present it. That's where many of us come in. We would have been without work if it weren't for the MS Office suite of products. We work with the data and make it simple to understand and effective to reach conclusions with. So, we basically beat raw data to extract a little info from it. After a while, all data seems the same, I just make sure the beating process is done right.

Imagine doing this 60-70 hours a week. In a couple months, the mind drags/drops data even during sleep. In such circumstances, it becomes difficult to contribute to a blog that requires writing a few hundred words mostly conjured out of thin air. It would probably be easier if write my diary by just copy-pasting lines from related text searches on the web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home