Who's the man

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Starting A New Religion

For most mortals, the hierarchy probably is: money, women and, most of all, power. I guess this is sexist, females might have a slightly different set and order that I'm not quite aware of. Anyhow, while most corporations are trying to maximize profit, they are operating more in the lowest rung of the hierarchy I mentioned. What if I want to move up? Hugh Hefner's company is strong in the middle rung, Sonia Gandhi's party is strong in the highest rung. I'm looking for short-cuts to the highest rung. Something tells me, in a world where information is power and in a region where faith and reason blend together, crafting a religion (with a limited mass appeal and a loyal following, read Scientology) can actually take a nobody like me to a Godly status, albeit for a short period of time, till the hollowness is exposed. I guess that's what it's all about, be God for a day, maybe 2? While established religions survive the test of time because their philosophy is based on the absolute truth or knowledge passed down by immortals, or realizations concluded by the higher mortals, there still is enough space for little players like me. The founder of the religion "Dera Sachcha Sauda" or "Your Real Deal" has proven so, and he didn't even try to hide his intentions while at it ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home